Monday, November 26, 2007

Boutique Time!!




Oh wow I feel like I'm taking over the family blog! I wanted to share this with all of you, I'm sure most of you did not know this about me. I am so excited, I get to show some of my art work. I have been some what worried that others might not like it, but Jared says "that is the beauty of art everyone can have their own opinions". I began painting at 16 my art was mostly landscapes my mother has my very first canvas piece. She, being so supportive has it in her room she says the painting reminds her of the feeling of freedom. At 17 I stopped painting and began drawing, It comes much easier to me and I have mostly stuck with that. My oldest takes after me and we seem to go thru drawing periods together, It is the only thing she allows me to advise her on. Last year I re arranged the girls rooms and I wanted some art to give it a new look, I decided to shop around. I was amazed at how much children's art was going for and of course not wanting to pay over the top prices, I decided to paint some myself. After completing the paintings I hung them up, I just loved them. soon I had my mother my cousin and friends and other family members asking me to paint some for them. The person who has been the most supportive my mother-in law encouraged me to show them at her boutique. SO here I come hoping that everyone will continue to like my art.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Mari, I LOVE them. I think they are great and it;s great for you to do this and express your talent. I would love for you to make one for my girls for their room. MAybe I'll buy one at the boutique! See u soon.

tiki_lady said...

i love them, they are great! they are so whimsical. You do a great job!